Recipe by PaulaG
A friend gave me this recipe awhile back and I converted it to gluten free this morning. It is a nice and tasty gluten free cake. The conversion is easy so I'll post the recipe as written and the gluten free portion will be in the notes section.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml mixed berry, unsweetened (Either fresh or frozen.)
- 14.79 ml sliced almonds
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 4.92 ml milk
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch round or 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour through salt.
- In a measuring cup or blender container, combine the egg, yogurt, melted butter and vanilla. Whisk or pulse to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix to combine. Spoon about 2/3's of batter into prepared pan. Mix the berries with the brown sugar and spoon over batter. Top the berries with remaining batter and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes.
- While cake cools, prepare the glaze and then drizzle over cooled cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Please note: If using frozen berries do not defrost.
- Gluten Free Notes: Use 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten free all-purpose flour blend, 2 tablespoons modified tapioca starch and add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum. The gluten free version may require a few tablespoons milk to be added to the batter. Use your best judgement.