Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Basic cobbler with some healthy alternatives! Very moist and tastes great! Try any berries and or flavored yogurt! One can use all-purpose flour instead of adding the whole wheat flour. Some suggest to serve it with vanilla ice cream.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened (can use sweetened)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt, any flavor
- 2 cups berries (three types,fresh or frozen, add more if preferred)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (may use chopped walnuts or pecans instead)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together dry ingredients for cobbler base in a medium bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together egg, butter, appplesauce, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 9x9 pan; top with berries and add remaining batter on top of berries.
- Mix together topping ingredients making sure to "cut in" butter.
- Spread generously across the top making sure not to press down into batter.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until topping is browned.
- Allow to cool and cut into 16 slices; Serve warm!