Recipe by Sherri L.
You can use any kind of berry or really any kind of fruit that you want. This is 2.5 points with either blueberries or blackberries. This is my adaptation of a recipe from Light & Tasty
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh fruit (no sugar added) or 3 cups frozen fruit (no sugar added)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon and water until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in berries and transfer toa an 8-inch square baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- For topping, in a small mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until crumbly, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture until blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean.
- Serve warm (great with a scoop of cinnamon or vanilla ice cream).