Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I purchased a bag of chia seeds as they are an excellent source of Omega-2's, fiber, calcium and antioxidants. I've been trying to incorporate them in smoothies, oatmeal, etc. Oh, I prefer my smoothies on the cool side, so I chop a few bananas and freeze. You can use them directly from the freezer.
- 1 cup mango juice or 1 cup guava juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen fruit
- 1 banana
- 6 ounces yogurt, plain or 6 ounces vanilla
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds (added before or after blending)
- stevia (optional) or Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- Put all ingrenents in a blender or Ninja and blend until smooth. Stir in chia seeds.