Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It was really hot last weekend here in TX, and I wanted something cool to make. My friend had sent this to me a while back and I decided to make it...boy am I glad! It was delicious!! Very cool and creamy and oh so easy! I used strawberry Jell-o and it turned out a really pretty pink! I can't wait to try lemon Jello-and maybe strawberry-banana Jell-o and wonder what orange Jell-o would be like? Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
- 1 large graham cracker pie crust
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water.
- Beat in cream cheese until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
I made two pies at one time, one strawberry one lemon, and prep time for both was only 15 minutes. Very easy to make and perfect for when you don't have much time. I used lite cool whip and reduced fat cheese with no trouble. Very nice.
Yum! Such a light but creamy dessert! I made it with blackberry fusion jello. I think next time I may try peach or raspberry or strawberry banana sounds good too! Thanks for a simple dessert~
As easy as it gets and very nice! I made the pie crust with 225g graham cracker crumbs, 2 tbs sugar and 50 g melted butter, mixed them and pressed in the pie tin, then chileld it for 5 minutes in fridge.