Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
All family members will love this hot-weather treat. Fresh local strawberries and frozen yogurt combine with caramel corn rice cakes to make a great make-ahead dessert. It would be sensational on Canada Day July 1.
- 6 caramel corn rice cakes
- 1 (2 liter) container vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 cups pureed strawberries
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 6 strawberries, halved
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (to taste)
- Chop rice cakes and set 1 cup aside.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, puréed strawberries, orange liqueur, if using. and chopped rice cakes.
- Spoon into a 9-inch springform pan, smoothing top; sprinkle with remaining rice cakes. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. (make-ahead: Overwrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 3 days).
- To serve, remove side of pan; slice cake into wedges. Garnish each slice with strawberry half and drizzle with strawberry sauce.
- METHOD FOR STRAWBERRY SAUCE: In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, liqueur, if using, and sugar. Transfer half to blender or food processor; purée until smooth. return to remaining berries and mix to blend. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. (Make-ahead: Can be refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 24 hours).
- TIP: To soften frozen yogurt, leave at room temperature for about 20 minutes.