Recipe by LAURIE
Breakfast/brunch cake that is just a basic cake with a "berry" good addition! This recipe came from a local B&B in northern Wisconsin where we frequent. They make it with whatever berries they pick in the woods that day. Now that we have our "own" woods when I make it that is what we do too as we have tons of wild rapsberries growing on the property. Only problem is that we are so remote, sometimes its the berries or the BEARS! I let THEM have the berries then.....all they want! Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups raspberries or 2 cups blackberries or 2 cups blueberries or 2 cups cut up strawberries
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- 1 whole berries (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs and add individually to mix.
- Stir in flour alternating with the milk.
- Add vanilla and baking powder.
- Gently stir in the berries.
- Pour into greased and floured springform or bundt pam.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh berries.