Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A sweet treat for breakfast or teatime. Blueberries or boysenberries can be subbed for the blackberries. Using frozen berries makes this easy to make at any time of the year. The berries do not have to be thawed.
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen blackberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 2/3 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, 1/3 cup butter, milk and eggs in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the blackberries and pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix 2/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and the cinnamon in a bowl; cut in 1/3 cup butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the blackberry mixture.
- Bake at 375º for 50 to 55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.