Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Takes a little time but worth it. Needs to refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Press into an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until crust is set and edges are lightly browned.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth.
- Spread over crust; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until set.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, process mixed berries and sugar until well blended.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Add berry mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Set saucepan in ice water for 15 mintues, stirring several times.
- Spread berry mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Arrange fresh fruit on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing.