Recipe by Annacia
Layers of Brie and cream cheese puree, fresh berries, and toasted almonds stack up to beautiful -- and surprisingly low-cal -- brunch parfaits.
- 8 ounces round brie cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries (and or or cut-up mixed fruit) or 6 cups blueberries (and or or cut-up mixed fruit) or 6 cups raspberries (and or or cut-up mixed fruit)
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) packagesliced butter toffee almonds
- honey (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and discard the rind from the Brie cheese. In a medium bowl beat Brie cheese, cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice with an electric mixer on medium speed until almost smooth. Set aside.
- Layer strawberries, cheese mixture, and almonds in eight parfait glasses or water goblets. If desired, drizzle with honey.
- TO MAKE AHEAD:.
- If you wish to make these parfaits ahead, do not use apples, pears, or peaches because the fruit will turn brown. Prepare the cheese mixture and fruit as directed. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, let cheese mixture stand at room temperature for 30 minutes; Assemble as directed. Or prepare parfaits as directed. Cover and chill the finished parfaits for up to 4 hours.