1/1 Photo of Berry Boy Bait
1 hr 10 mins
Motley Oklahoman's Note:
Use whatever kind of berries you like in this slightly sweet, crunchy sugar topped, berry-laden, quick bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) or 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen) or 1 cup blackberry, divided (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- 2Whisk 2 cups of the flour, the baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just incorporated. Reduce the speed to medium and beat in one-third of the flour mixture until incorporated; beat in one-half of the milk. Beat in half of the remaining flour mixture, then the remaining 1/2 cup of milk, and finally the remaining flour mixture. Toss 1/2 cup of the berries in a small bowl with the remaining 1 teaspoon of flour. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the blueberries. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- 3Scatter 1/2 cup of the berries over the top of the batter. Stir the sugar and spice together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then turn out and place on a serving platter (topping side up).
- 4Serve warm or at room temperature. (The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temp for up to 3 days.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Boy Bait
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.3
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 470.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: