1/1 Photo of Berry Blue Cheese Spread
4 hrs 5 mins
this was a $200.00 winner in the Create with Cheese category in Family Circle. The sweetness of the berries balances well with the saltiness of the blue cheese. A wonderful and deep flavor experience. The recipe calls for dried blueberries, but I had trouble finding them, so I used frozen berries but thawed them before using. Be careful when adding berries--stir gently or you will end up with blue appetizer. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using dried berries, place in a bowl and pour boiling water over them.
- 2Let them sit for once minute, drain and set aside.
- 3If using frozen berries, thaw out and drain off moisture.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until nearly smooth.
- 5Stir in berries, garlic and green onions, until just combined.
- 6Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- 7To serve, sprinkle with pecans and serve with crackers.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Blue Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 194.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: