Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
this was a $200.00 winner in the Create with Cheese category in Family Circle. The sweetness of the berries balances well with the saltiness of the blue cheese. A wonderful and deep flavor experience. The recipe calls for dried blueberries, but I had trouble finding them, so I used frozen berries but thawed them before using. Be careful when adding berries--stir gently or you will end up with blue appetizer. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- If using dried berries, place in a bowl and pour boiling water over them.
- Let them sit for once minute, drain and set aside.
- If using frozen berries, thaw out and drain off moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until nearly smooth.
- Stir in berries, garlic and green onions, until just combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- To serve, sprinkle with pecans and serve with crackers.
Yummy yummy yummy! I was looking for a recipe to use up some blue cheese and as I just happened to have bought some dried blueberries a couple weeks ago on a whim, this was perfect! The only pecans I had on hand were smoked & salted so I didn't use as many for fear of them adding too much salt. Other than halving the recipe, I only made one other change which was to add about an ounce of sour cream to help thin the spread. Served with pretzel crisps. I will be making this again for sure when I have blue cheese to use - loved the blueberries with the blue cheese. Thanks so much for sharing!
Excellent!!! Have taken it to two parties and everyone has raved about the delicious flavor. Even if you are not a huge fan of blue cheese the flavor from the other ingredients really make it a delicous treat!
This recipe definitely has the wow factor. The taste was so great. The ingredients come together so well. Easy to make and the little that was left I had today and it was even better yet!! Wish I could give this more stars. Thank you so very much for this great, great recipe!!!