Recipe by Margie99
You could easily sub out your favorite flavor of jam and chips to personalize these.
- 4 tablespoons butter, and more for the pan
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square baking dish with foil. Cut one piece of foil about 12 inches and the piece about 16 inches. Center the long piece and push into the bottom of the pan, leaving about 2 inches hanging over each side. Center the shorter piece, pressing into the bottom and up the sides. Butter it all.
- Put the 4 tablespoons of butter and brown sugar in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave until the butter until just melted. Stir in the vanilla. Let the mixture cool slightly then stir in the egg.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking powder. Stir into the butter mixture. Then stir in the butterscotch chips and nuts then spread into the pan. Drop dollops of jam on top and swirl with the knofe. Bake about 20-25 minutes or until set. Let cool 15 minutes on a cooling rack then lift the foil and transfer to the cooling rack to cool completely. Cut into 9 bars.