Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Received this recipe today from Kraft.com. I plan to make this soon. Cooking time includes chilling.
- 3⁄4 cup cold milk
- 4 ounces instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling (4-serving size)
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) package frozen pound cake
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups mixed raspberries (or both mixed) or 2 cups sliced strawberries (or both mixed)
- 1⁄4 cup blackberry
- ADD milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute or until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- CUT cake horizontally into three layers; brush with juice. Place bottom layer on serving plate; top with 3/4 cup of the mixed berries, half of the pudding mixture and middle cake layer. Repeat layers of mixed berries and pudding mixture; cover with top cake layer. Top with 1/2 cup whipped topping and all remaining berries; cover loosely with foil.
- REFRIGERATE at least 4 hours or overnight. Store any leftovers in refrigerator.
Delicious flavors! I had trouble getting it to set, so the 2nd time I made it, I just layered it in a glass dish like a trifle. Very refreshing with fresh blackberries!
Received this recipe in the Kraft Food magazine and made it for dessert last night. It is very tasty and I wasn't allowed to bring home the small amount of leftovers. I brushed the cake slices with the orange juice and only used about 1/8 C. Couldn't taste the orange juice at all so next time I'd probably use the entire amount. The pudding mixture made a lot and I found that it was too much. I ended up using some of that on the top instead of the plain Cool Whip. As the cake sits, the weight of it causes it to settle and the pudding mixture and berries to fall out the sides.