This delicious smoothie is a great way to start your day and is a great breakfast option for people on-the-go. High in fiber, potassium and antioxidants this low sodium smoothie is perfect for the healthy heart-conscious consumer. This delicious combination is beneficial for individuals with high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol, and is also a great preventative to breast cancer. Use organic products when possible for the best taste and healthier smoothie. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup frozen berries (blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, or mixed berry) or 3⁄4 cup fresh berries (blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, or mixed berry)
- 1⁄2 cup organic vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 a banana
- 1⁄2 cup cold fruit juice, your choice (we use blueberry or white grape juice)
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- Put ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until it is your desired consistency.
- For a thicker shake or if you use fresh berries add a few ice cubes.
Delicous!!!! I was hesitant about the protein powder, I haven't had the greatest experiences, but I can't taste it or feel the texture. Also, I couldn't find wheat germ, maybe i was looking in the wrong place. I look forward to playing around with different flavors for this! So YUMMY!!!!!
I know I'm supposed to like this and I do enjoy most of it; but I'm afraid the wheat germ and whey protein are like drinking liquid bread and an aquired taste. I'll work on it.
i made this when i got back from the gym, it was delicious and refreshing. i used orange juice and subbed flax seeds for the wheat germ, otherwise followed the recipe. very restorative after a workout.