Recipe by Enjolinfam
Sounds absolutely delicious, though I haven't tried it yet. I added it in here for safe keeping, because I plan to make it as soon as I can get my hands on some berries! Was on a mother's day cooking show with the Micheff Sisters titled "Breakfast with Mom."
Top Review by StacyMD187373
I really liked this with our pancakes, although I was the only one that ate it. I only had grape juice on hand, so used that and felt it was plenty sweet. I used a few fresh peach chunks to make up for not having quite enough blueberries. I made a half recipe and it still made quite a bit. Oh, and I pureed it a bit with an immersion blender before adding the strawberries.
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups apple juice or 4 cups grape juice
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the juice, syrup, sugar, and the blueberries to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with the cold water and stir until well blended.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into boiling juice.
- Stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon.
- Add fresh strawberries right before serving.
- Can top with a whipped topping.