Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This great summer dessert is really pretty.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 -8 sprigs of fresh mint, garnish (optional)
- Drain raspberries,reserving syrup. Combine the reserved syrup with enough water to measure 1 cup.
- Combine grnulated sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and mix well. Stir in respberry syrup mixture and sliced strawberries.
- Cook mixture over medium heat,stirring continually, until thickened.
- Reserve 6 to 8 tablespoons of the respberry sauce.
- Spoon one third of the remaining respberry sauce into bottom of 6 to 8 parfait or sundae glasses. Top each with a scoop of ice cream. Add a second layer of respbery sauce and top with the sour cream. Spoon sauce over sour cream and top with a second scoop of ice cream.
- Drizzle parfaits with reserved respberry sauce. Garnish with mint, if desired -- .