1/3 Photos of Berry, Berry Good Muffins
Fresh berries are prolific in the Pacific Northwest during the summer, but we freeze them to use all year round. These are delectable in them morning or at teatime. The muffin is the perfect support for a mixture of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, for a change try a single type. Fresh or frozen berries can be used. The topping is an extra delight, but can be ommited.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup pecans or 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1Preheat oven ot 350 degrees.
- 3Mix dry ingredients together.
- 4Stir in nuts and butter, mix until butter mixture is crumbly, set aside.
- 6Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 7Make a well in the center, add milk, butter and egg and mix just until smooth.
- 8Gentley fold in berries.
- 9Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups, fill 2/3 full.
- 10Sprinkle with 1 Tbls. of topping.
- 11Bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 12Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan, serve warm.
- 13Note: if using frozen berries, defrost first, and toss with 1 Tbls of the flour mixture.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry, Berry Good Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 207.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g