Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this off of bellaonline.com
- 6 cups frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and or or raspberries)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided into 1/4 and 3/4 units
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 2⁄3 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine berries, sugar, ¼ cup of the flour and lemon juice. Stir and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients including remaining flour in a bowl. Cut butter into pieces and drop into dry mix. Mash with a potato masher or large fork to break butter into bits mixed in with dry ingredients. Sprinkle clumps of butter/flour mixture over berries.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until top is crisped and golden in color. (Cooking and crisping varies depending on the oven calibration and even local weather.).
- Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.