Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great for using fresh summer berries.
Make and share this Berry Berry Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine oil, eggs, and sugar; mix well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, stirring until just moistened.
- Stir in berries and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees or until done.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- **Testfor doneness-toothpick in center of bread comes out clean.
A very good way to use berries! I made this with strawberries and raspberries. The two kinds of berries gives a contrast of flavors that is very delicious. So easy to make! My choice for nuts was pecans. We toasted pieces of the bread and served it with butter and strawberry jam. Good job Nurse Di!!
Made this for a pot-luck brunch. Very easy to make. Moist but did not fall apart. Loved the strawberry/blueberry combination. Only used two teaspoons of cinnamon and the flavor was subtle which is how I like it. Wonderful warmed and spread with butter. Umm umm good. Thanks Nurse Di.
Very good. Will most likely make this again. A great use of fresh berries right now - a nice alternative to banana bread.