Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
For this recipe I have used Blackberrys but it can be made with any type of berries, fresh or frozen.
- 16 ounces blackberries (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 fluid ounces rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease a 13x9x2 pan.
- Warm berries in a saucepan until the juices run.
- Reserve 1 cup of the juice, adding water if needed.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in the blackberries and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients except margarine.
- Then, cut in the margarine until crumbly.
- Press 2/3 (about 4 cups) of the mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Spread blackberry sauce over this crust.
- Crumble remaining batter over this and press lightly.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes.