Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A healthy start to your day or anytime snack.
Make and share this Berry Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 1⁄4 cups mixed berries or 2 1⁄4 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup silken tofu, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons raw wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- In a mixer, blend honey or maple syrup with applesauce and the flour.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Spray a 9 x13 inch pan with cooking spray and press 1/2 of the dough into the bottom.
- Sprinkle the berries evenly over the dough.
- Put the remaining dough back into your mixer and mix in the tofu, cinnamon, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and soy milk.
- Spread the thick dough over the berries, covering them as best you can.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes.
- Cool and slice.