Prep 8 mins
Cook 3 mins
Delicious, very simple to make! Depending on your tastes, you can change the amounts of milk, frozen berries and banana and it will still be delicious!
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups mixed frozen blueberries (or any combination) or 2 cups frozen blackberries (or any combination) or 2 cups frozen strawberries (or any combination) or 2 cups frozen raspberries (or any combination)
- 1 banana
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
- Combine milk and frozen berries in blender and blend (If blender has a "frappe" mode, this is best. Otherwise, any blender setting will work.).
- Add banana and blend.
- Add peanut butter if desired and blend.
- Serve some immediately and if you want, freeze the rest in cups for several hours and it gets a slushie-like quality.
We had these for a "treat" last night. I halved the recipe, using vanilla soy milk and my banana was frozen, which turned this into a treat you could eat with a spoon. Since I was thinking "shake", I just added extra soy milk, which worked out fine. It reminded me of a pb & j & b sandwich! Made for I Recommed Tag-Feb'10.
I cut this in half and didn't use the peanut butter. I did use 1 whole small banana and blueberries. I put it in the freezer and it was delicious! Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2010.
I loved this! I did use the peanut butter and would definately recommend it! I used unsweetened peanut butter and didn't need any additional sweetener. Just great! Thanks!