Recipe by MNLisaB
Per a request, this is from a Pampered Chef cookbook in my collection. I have never made it myself, but just might try it, a different twist to boring old banana bread.
Top Review by carole in orlando
The dough tasted wonderful, full of strawberry flavor, but after baking it was mostly banana flavor. It did not rise as well as it should, I will add baking powder with the baking soda next time. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the sugar, strawberries, oil, bananas, eggs and orange zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Add the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened, then fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon into 2 greased 5x9-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.