I used this creation on cheap cuts of Round Steak and a 1.5 pound London Broil and was surprised how tender the steaks were and the sauce was delicious. I also used it on chicken and it was an equal success. The marinade doubles as a sauce when simmered with shallots. Try on different cuts of steak, chicken or even pork. You will even find yourself running your veggies through the sauce! Created for RSC #12.
- 78.07 ml marsala (I used marsala ) or 78.07 ml dry red wine (I used marsala )
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml seedless no-sugar-added strawberry preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 14.79 ml coffee, brewed
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 fresh cherries (Pitted) or 12 frozen cherries (Pitted)
- 12 fresh blueberries or 12 frozen blueberries
- 44.37 ml shallots, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml butter
- In a blender or food processor add wine, vinegar, strawberry preserves, garlic, Splenda, coffee, salt, pepper, pitted cherries and blueberries. Puree.
- Place meat in a large zip lock bag and pour in marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or over night for steak and for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours for chicken.
- Remove meat and pour marinade into a small saucepan. Add finely chopped shallot and set aside.
- Preheat broiler or prepare grill. Broil or grill meat until cooked to desired doneness.
- While meat is grilling bring sauce to a boil and then simmer. Stir in butter.
- If using London Broil, thinly slice crosswise, against the grain. Add any juices on the cutting board to the sauce. Serve with sauce. If using chicken or other steak cuts - serve with sauce.