1/10 Photos of Berry Bagels
I have always wanted to make bagels and this is the result of several recipies and my own ideas for what may taste yummy. The bagels are chewy and sweet!
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets yeast
- 5 -6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (I used snipped dried cherries and blueberries)
- 2 teaspoons raspberry extract
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal, for baking sheet
- nonstick cooking spray
- parchment paper
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- 1In a bowl, mix the yeast, sugar, and warm water.
- 2Let sit for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- 3Put the extract in a bowl with your berries.
- 4Set aside for later.
- 5Mix salt in with the 4 to 5 cups of the flour, and:.
- 6With a strong spoon, mix in.
- 7When the dough gets stiff, turn it out on the table and kneed for 5 minutes adding flour as needed.
- 8Place dough in greased bowl (use non-stick cooking spray) and cover with damp cloth.
- 9Let rise until double in size (1 1/2 to 2 hours or so).
- 10Punch down dough and divide into 12 balls.
- 11I placed a spoonful of berries in the center of each ball, folded it closed and pinched it.
- 12Next, I used my thumb and made a hole in the bagel careful not to let the berries sneak out.
- 13After shaping bagles, place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to rise for 15 minutes.
- 14While the bagels are rising, bring to a boil 12 cups of water and one TLB.
- 15of sugar.
- 16Boil bagels in batches.
- 17Boil on each side for a total of 5 minutes (they will look funny and bumpy).
- 18Take bagels out with slotted spoon and place on paper towel.
- 19Sprinkle cornmeal on the same parchment paper and arrange bagels.
- 20Brush each with an egg wash (you could sprinkle with poppy seeds or seseame seeds at this point).
- 21Bake bagels for 25-28 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown all over.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Bagels
Serving Size: 1 (1416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 398.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g