A non-traditional Aquavit recipe from Swedish chef Marcus Samuelsson of Aquavit in NYC and Minneapolis. Use a good quality potato vodka for this recipe. The Aquavit needs to stand for 6-8 weeks before it is ready.
- Place berries in a wide-mouthed jar and pour in vodka. Seal jar.
- Let stand at room temperature for 6 to 8 weeks, until the full flavor has fully developed.
- Strain vodka into a container and add simple syrup.
- Transfer to a one-liter bottle and add some fresh berries for garnish.
- Seal bottle and store in the freezer.
- Serve ice-cold, in shot glasses.