Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was taken from 'Midwest Living' magazine years ago and was taken from a restaurant in Grafton, Illinois called Elsah Landing. We've been making this pie for the holidays ever since! Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pie crusts
- Prepare pastry and divide in half. Transfer onto a 9 inch pie plate.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, tapioca and cinnamon. Add the blackberries and apple slices. Toss until coated. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Spoon filling into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter. Trim pastry even with edge of pie plate. Moisten the edge of pastry with water.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the remaining pastry into a 12 inch circle. Cut slits in the pastry to let steam escape. Place on the filling. Trim the top crust to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake at 375 oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
This is my family's new favorite pie! I actually got a similar recipe from a friend and looked it up on here for baking time. We use all blackberries and no raspberries and only a 1/4 tsp cinnamon. So tasty!