Recipe by Ceezie
It's the berries - and the angel food cake - that create this impressive, easy dessert. This can also be a bit semi homemade if you use a store bought cake.
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups yoplait thick & creamy vanilla yogurt
- 1 round angel food cake, cut into 1-inch pieces (8 inches in diameter)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in yogurt.
- Place cake pieces in large bowl; gently stir in yogurt mixture. In medium bowl, gently mix berries.
- Spoon half of the cake mixture into 9-inch springform pan; press firmly in pan with rubber spatula. Top with half of the berries. Repeat with remaining cake mixture; press with spatula. Top with berries. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Run metal spatula carefully along side of dessert to loosen; remove side of pan. Cut dessert into wedges.