Berry-And-Spice Whole Wheat Muffins
- Combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoons flour, and pecans in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter, set aside.
- Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the mixture.
- Stir together egg, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blurberries.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter into each of 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Sprinkle batter evenly with reserved pecan mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 19 to 21 minutes or until lighlty browned. Cool in pans on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from pans, and cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm.