Prep 15 mins
Cook 21 mins
These muffins are spiced with cinnamon and allspice, and have plenty of sweet juicy blueberries. They are easy to prepare, but won't last long!
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoons flour, and pecans in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter, set aside.
- Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the mixture.
- Stir together egg, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blurberries.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter into each of 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Sprinkle batter evenly with reserved pecan mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 19 to 21 minutes or until lighlty browned. Cool in pans on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from pans, and cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm.
I made these for my coworkers and everyone loved them. Not heavy or too sweet like most muffin recipes.