Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a extraordinary romantic breakfast, brunch or dessert recipe using Limoncello. To make your own liqueur, I have posted this recipe: Limoncello (Lemoncello, Limoncella) Limoncello (Lemoncello, Limoncella). Buon appetito!
- 3⁄4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons limoncello
- 8 cups fresh mixed berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and hulled sliced strawberries, about 2 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Combine whipping cream, mascarpone, 3 tablespoons sugar, and limoncello in large bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- Combine berries, raspberry preserves, lemon peel, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in another large bowl and toss gently.
- Divide berry mixture among 8 dishes.
- Top with mascarpone cream.
Made for a dinner party this summer.... was fabulous... guests loved it... served it up in large balloon wine glasses....
I made this dish for a grad. BBQ and everyone adored it. I loved the way that the Limoncello grew more pronounced as it stood longer and it was just wonderful with the berries. I added some pineapple and apples to the dish and they were just as tastey. Thanks!!