Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and a pretty way to serve summer berries which we enjoyed. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 2005)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 8 cups assorted fresh berries (your choice, I used strawberries, black berries and blueberries)
- 3⁄4 cup blackberry preserves (or other berry preserves, I used a low-sugar version which worked out well)
- In a small bowl of a mixer, combine whipping cream, mascarpone, 3 tablespoons of sugar and juice from lemon.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Set aside and refrigerate until serving time.
- In a large bowl combine berries, 1/2 cup sugar, grated peel of lemon and preserves.
- Toss gently to combine. Refrigrate until serving.
- Divide berry mixture into bowls and top with cream.
A quick & easy recipe that adds a pizzazz to a bowl of berries! I used fresh strawberries but the possibilities are endless. Thanx Ellie!