Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tonight, I was feeling a bit hungry (because our dinner wasn't the best!) and one of my friends promised that each time she goes to the store she'll bring me fresh berries. Today, I received blueberries, blackberries, red raspberries, strawberries and grapes - so I decided to mix them all up & make some kind of cream for it ;). Not bad!!! I found this on Every Day Rachel Ray Magazine, December-January 2007 edition, a David Tamarkin recipe.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 cups assorted berries
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- In a large bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the maple syrup and beat until the cream holds stiff peaks.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, toss the berries with the peel & some sugar or Splenda.
- Top with the maple cream.