Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
A nice, light and refreshing dessert. Good enough to serve to company.
Make and share this Berries With Lemon Custard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 170.09 g fat-free lemon yogurt
- 2 egg yolks
- 73.94 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 0.25 ml salt
- 29.58 ml grated lemon zest
- 78.07 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml fresh mixed berries or 473.18 ml frozen mixed berries
- 4 sprig of fresh mint
- Line a sieve with a coffee filter, spoon in the yogurt and let drain for about an hour in the refrigerator.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add cornstarch, salt, 1 Tbsp lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk together.
- Whisk in the milk over medium heat.
- Switch to a wooden spoon and cook, stirring constantly, until custard is thickened to the consistency of a thin pudding – about 5-8 minutes.
- Bring it up TO the boiling point but DO NOT let it boil.
- Remove when it is thickened and immediately pour into a bowl.
- Stir in vanilla, let mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in the yogurt cheese from first step and chill for at least 1/2 hour.
- To serve, top berries with chilled custard sauce and garnish with the fresh mint and remaining lemon zest.
I used "lite" yogurt and half sugar/half Splenda. I figure this cut the grams of sugar by more than half. This custard sauce is yummy. Served over fresh strawberries, I have some left to top fresh raspberries too. Lemony and very refreshing sauce. I can think of a few other things to top with this versatile sauce. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag. Thanks for sharing MG!