1 hr 45 mins
A nice, light and refreshing dessert. Good enough to serve to company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a sieve with a coffee filter, spoon in the yogurt and let drain for about an hour in the refrigerator.
- 2In a medium saucepan whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- 3Add cornstarch, salt, 1 Tbsp lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk together.
- 4Whisk in the milk over medium heat.
- 5Switch to a wooden spoon and cook, stirring constantly, until custard is thickened to the consistency of a thin pudding – about 5-8 minutes.
- 6Bring it up TO the boiling point but DO NOT let it boil.
- 7Remove when it is thickened and immediately pour into a bowl.
- 8Stir in vanilla, let mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- 9Whisk in the yogurt cheese from first step and chill for at least 1/2 hour.
- 10To serve, top berries with chilled custard sauce and garnish with the fresh mint and remaining lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berries With Lemon Custard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.5
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 98.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: