1/5 Photos of Berries With Custard Sauce (Light and Easy)
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
I just received this recipe in my Taste of Home newsletter. I haven't had a chance to make it yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it out. Time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs in a small bowl, set aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir a small amount into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 1/2 minutes or until mixture reaches 160 degrees.
- 2Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and vanilla. Set saucepan in ice and stir mixture for 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3Serve over berries -- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries (whatever mix of berries you prefer).
- 4Yield: About 2 cups of sauce. Recipe did not state how much berries to use, so I but an estimated amount in the recipe.
- 5I think it would be really good with angel food cake or shortcake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berries With Custard Sauce (Light and Easy)
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 142.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: