Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is good with a mixture of berries, or with just your favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- assorted berries
- In saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Slowly add milk; stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over med heat, stirring constantly.
- Add a small amount to eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and vanilla; place pan in ice.
- Stir mixture for 5 minutes; cover and refrigerate.
- Place assorted berries in shallow bowl, spoon sauce over the berries.