Recipe by susie cooks
This is from Ripe for Dessert by David Lebovitz. Posted for ZWT 2006. If using Curacao, do not use blue Curacao
Top Review by rosslare
Mmm... I used blueberries, strawberries and raspberries and did use blue curacao against all odds. And it turned very nice, slightly spicy and slightly cool blue colour, but not too strongly. I also made the milk and sour cream mix in the ice cream maker and it turned out good, but it melts as soon as it hits the bowl. Also, the ice recipe needs to be doubled for 4 and the berries halved for 4 persons.
- 3⁄4 cup triple sec or 3⁄4 cup Curacao
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zest of
- 5 -6 cups mixed berries
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the Triple Sec or Curacao, sugar and orange zest until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in berries and marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour, stirring gently once or twice.
- Make the iced sour cream:.
- Mix together the whole milk, sour cream, sugar, and vodka in a blender. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the directions.
- Spoon berries into glasses, add a scoop of the iced sour cream, then pour the Triple Sec and berry juice over each dessert.