Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
From a magazine clipping from several years ago. Requires several hours for cooling etc.
Top Review by Laura Meehan
Amazing! Easy but time consuming. And gluten free! I used light cream cheese, light cool whip instead of half the whipping cream, and fresh blueberries and strawberries to lighten it up slightly. Yum--a real crowd pleaser.
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form (do not underbeat).
- Spread evenly in a greased 13x9x2-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 275°F for 1 hour; turn off oven (do not open door). Let cool in oven overnight or at least 12 hours.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; gently fold in cream and marshmallows. Spread over meringue. Chill for 4 hours.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
- Combine topping ingredients; spoon 1/4 cup over each serving.