Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Strawberry season is almost here, and here is a quick dessert just for you all. Points 2.
- 1 1⁄2 pints strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine (such as Zinfandel or Gamay Beaujolais)
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Alternate layers of berries and sugar in a wide-mouthed tall cylindrical jar or glass serving container.
- Pour over enough wine to cover.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 3 hours.
- Serve in wide-mouthed wine glasses for a fun presentation.