This is very fancy-looking served in wine glasses. Champagne-based gelatin dessert with strawberries and blueberries. Posted for ZWT 2006. Time does not include allowing the gelatin to refrigerate until set.
- In a bowl, pour 2 cups champagne or sparkling white wine, and allow the bubbles to subside.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the top in an even layer. Leave until the gelatine is spongy - do not stir.
- Place the remaining champagne in a large saucepan. Add the sugar, lemon and orange rinds, and heat gently, stirring until all sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the gelatine mixture and stir until thoroughly dissolved. Leave the jelly to cool completely, then remove the lemon and orange rind.
- Divide the strawberries and blueberries among eight 1/2 cup wine glasses or clear bowls and pour the jelly over them.
- Chill until the jelly has fully set. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
Definitely dinner-party material! This is just so elegant-looking and not at all difficult to make. I used Prosecco for the sparkling wine and also added some small cubes of melon, along with the strawberries and the last of my blueberries. Delicious, cooling...perfect!
these were fantastic! i absolutely loved them! they tasted and looked divine! they are presented so nicely! i am going to serve these the next time i have a nice dinner or a buncha girlfriends over! i am absolutley in love with this recipe! only thing i did differently was instead of using the rinds, i just zested the orange and lemon, then strained it when the mixture cooled!