Recipe by Manami
Classic, quick and delicious-perfect for a show-off dessert. Haven't tried this as yet but how can it be bad? Driscolls Berries.
- 1 (1 lb) packagedriscoll's strawberry, rinsed, dried and hulled, cut into half or quarters
- 1 (6 ounce) packagedriscoll's blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 (6 ounce) packagedriscoll's raspberries, rinsed and dried
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves or 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all berries.
- Heat preserves in microwave until melted, about 20-30 seconds or in a small saucepan or skillet over low heat until melted.
- Pour warm preserves (let cool slightly if hot) over berries and gently mix.
- Turn berries into a shallow 8-9-inch baking dish or pie plate; set aside.
- In large clean glass or metal bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed just until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating constantly, to stiff peaks and until sugar is dissolved (rub a bit between thumb and forefinger to test.)
- Pile meringue over berries, swirling lightly.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake until meringue is golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.