Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great summer recipe for fresh berries. Cool and refreshing. Preparation time includes cleaning the berries. This is a very fast and easy recipe. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (fat free can be used but cream will be thinner)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) package French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 family sized sara lee poundcake, cubed (or 1 1/2 of the cakes from recipe 54265)
- 9 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 quart strawberry, clean, hulled, sliced
- 1 -2 cup raspberries
- 1 -2 cup blueberries
- 3 berries (to garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and cold water. Mix well.
- Add pudding mix and beat well.
- Chill 5 or 10 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- To layer, put 1/2 the pound cake in the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Top with half of your berries followed by half of the cream. (Remember to leave a few of the best looking berries for garnish.).
- Repeat layering, ending with the cream.
- Garnish with berries.
- My preference is to refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- I have also changed the layering to end with the berries, also a pretty look although much more casual.
- For lighter fare angel food cake can be used, however it is best to layer angel food immediately before serving. (I chill the cake so everything is cold.).
Made for Easter and it was a huge hit. I enjoyed making it with my granddaughter.
Wow! This is absolutely wonderful. It's rich and sweet enough to make a full-fledged dessert, but the fruit and pudding-coolwhip mixture make it not too heavy. I couldn't find all the fresh berries, so I used frozen instead; the juice from the thawed berries added even more flavor, in my opinion. Highly recommended for a spring- or summer-time dessert!