1/2 Photos of Berries & Cream Phyllo Tarts
A delicate, flaky phyllo crust filled with a lightly sweetened mixed berry cream. Created for RSC #12.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces phyllo dough, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/4 cup sugar-free strawberry jelly
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice (I used fresh squeezed)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (thawed)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (thawed)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whipped topping (optional for garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lay unrolled stack of phyllo sheets on flat surface, cover with large piece of saran wrap or parchment paper & then cover with damp kitchen towel.
- 3Remove one phyllo sheet to a flat surface & brush with melted butter. Remove second sheet, lay over the first sheet & brush with butter. Repeat til you have 5 sheets total. (Re-cover the rest of the sheets each time to keep from drying out, but make sure to not get them wet with the damp towel).
- 4Using knife or pizza cutter, cut stack of buttered sheets into 6 squares. Lay one stack of squares into a muffin cup, gently pushing down in the middle & around the sides. Repeat with remainder of squares.
- 5Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all of the phyllo sheets have been used.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven & allow to cool in pans.
- 7In mixer fitted with wire whip attachment, combine mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, Splenda, strawberry jelly, powdered sugar & lemon juice til smooth.
- 8Fold in raspberries & blueberries.
- 9When phyllo shells are cool, spoon in the filling (I used a small cookie scoop) & top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
- 10Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berries & Cream Phyllo Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.2
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 124.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free strawberry jelly