A delicate, flaky phyllo crust filled with a lightly sweetened mixed berry cream. Created for RSC #12.
- 8 ounces phyllo dough, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free strawberry jelly
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice (I used fresh squeezed)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (thawed)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (thawed)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whipped topping (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay unrolled stack of phyllo sheets on flat surface, cover with large piece of saran wrap or parchment paper & then cover with damp kitchen towel.
- Remove one phyllo sheet to a flat surface & brush with melted butter. Remove second sheet, lay over the first sheet & brush with butter. Repeat til you have 5 sheets total. (Re-cover the rest of the sheets each time to keep from drying out, but make sure to not get them wet with the damp towel).
- Using knife or pizza cutter, cut stack of buttered sheets into 6 squares. Lay one stack of squares into a muffin cup, gently pushing down in the middle & around the sides. Repeat with remainder of squares.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all of the phyllo sheets have been used.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven & allow to cool in pans.
- In mixer fitted with wire whip attachment, combine mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, Splenda, strawberry jelly, powdered sugar & lemon juice til smooth.
- Fold in raspberries & blueberries.
- When phyllo shells are cool, spoon in the filling (I used a small cookie scoop) & top with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.