Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A pound cake mix is used for the layers in this light and attractive dessert.
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 3 cups fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries)
- grated lemon peel, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan; set aside. Combine cake mix, milk and eggs in large bowl. Beat at low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar and lemon peel; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Trim edges of cake. Cut cake crosswise into three equal pieces. Place 1 cake piece on serving platter. Spread 1/3 filling over top; arrange 1/3 berries over filling. Repeat with remaining cake layers, filling and berries. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, cut into slices. Garnish with grated lemon peel, if desired.
- TIP: Already prepared pound or angel food cake loaves can be purchased for an even easier dessert. Just spoon the filling and berries over slices of cake.