Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from an old Ladies' Home Journal cookbook. For this recipe, I substituted other berries for grapefruit and orange segments. Feel free to use the citrus fruit if you wish-measure for measure.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries, washed
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry, washed and hulled
- 3⁄4 cup raspberries (or marionberries, blackberries, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Place the dessert glasses in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Toast the walnuts lightly in a clean skillet on medium heat. Set aside to cool then chop.
- Divide the fruit mixture among the 4 dessert glasses.
- Whip the cream in a chilled metal bowl with chilled electric beaters until soft peaks form. Then fold in the sour cream and orange juice. *Important*: prepare the whipping cream just before serving.
- Garnish each serving with the chantilly cream and the chopped walnuts.