Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
What a lovely treat, and so very easy to make. Feel free to create your own bowl of paradise simply by changing the liqueur. Malibu Coconut Rum is especially yummy. Change the garnish to suit. This recipe was a joint effort. Our way of thanking Chef floWer for hosting the first ever 'Measuring Cup & Spoon" Swap. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, I use No-Sugar Added
- orange zest, for garnish
- Rinse berries and set to drain. Slice strawberries.
- Dissolve sugar in liqueur.
- Place berries in a bowl and drizzle with the sugar/liqueur mixture. Toss gently to coat. Chill for 1 hour.
- Scoop 1/2 cup measure of ice cream into a bowl and top with 1/4 cup of the berries. Drizzle with juice and garnish with orange curls or coconut.
First of all I'm so privilege to have recipe created for me. Thank you Diana #2 and the ladies who helped from the '2007 Measuring Cups and Spoon Swap'. Now for my review: YUM! - I used frozen berries as the fresh ones looked a bit old at the supermarket. I made a non-alcoholic version, I used 1 tablespoon coconut essence (I wanted to use orange essence but could find it). I made the six servings for the two of us (Little Miss (DD) was in bed) but only used one scope of vanilla ice-cream and half of the berry mixture (Yes made a pig of myself) THANK YOU once again for a gorgeous recipe and for dedicating it to me.