Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the most awesome dessert you could ever make for Fourth of July Celebrations! You will impress even the most seasoned cooks...and it is quite easy!
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 lemons
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided and thawed
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Roll one sheet onto baking sheet.
- Roll out second sheet and cut 4 1-inch strips (to edge the rectangle) from second sheet.
- Reserve remaining dough.
- Brush edges of pastry on pan with water.
- Lay your strips of pastry over edges to form an outer rim.
- Trim off any excess dough.
- Prick entire bottom of pastry.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Center may puff but will flatten.
- Cut star shapes from remaining dough with cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake separately for 12 minutes.
- Zest and juice lemons.
- Combine zest, juice and condensed milk.
- Fold in one cup Cool Whip.
- Fill pastry with filling top with fruit.
- Top with pastry stars.
- Decorate with remaining Cool Whip.
This was beautiful and tasted great. Definitely impressive! Very easy and comes together quickly.