Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Not exactly a recipe, but a quick and tasty snack/meal idea! I use jelly in place of real fruit because it is sweet, so there is no need to add extra sugar.
- 2⁄3 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon blueberry jelly
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional) or 1 teaspoon sugar substitute, to taste (optional)
- Stir ingredients and enjoy!
- If you don't use cool whip, you can substitute with 2% milk, buttermilk, light cream, half and half, soymilk etc. It really is up to your own personal preference for creaminess/consistency/taste/richness/mouth feel/flavor.
- I use blueberry jelly because it is my favorite, but you can also use whatever jelly you like.
- And try other spices too, such as nutmeg, ginger, cloves -- the possibilities are endless!